There are numerous reasons a clear home is important in my experience, however the greatest is most likely simply that my brain works more effectively when the house is clean. Over time I’ve had many individuals ask the way i keep things tidy more often than not. So–at the chance of getting all of you think I’m completely crazy–I thought today I’d share my little “speed cleaning” routine. I most likely spend, typically, about forty-five minutes for an hour every morning making the house sparkle. This means I spend about 5-7 hrs per week cleaning. That continues to be a lot of time!
However, in my experience it’s really worth spending 5-7 hrs per week cleaning to be able to possess a house that’s really neat & tidy more often than not. The secret is remaining on the top from it.
I’m a list kind-of girl, and so i really possess a daily listing which i use every day. It’s found on my “control center” wall where I’ve got a dry-erase monthly calendar where there’s additionally a place for any weekly diet plan and important phone figures. Since it’s on this page, I’m able to easily look into the calendar for just about any pressing activities or appointments. This helps me prioritize my cleaning activities and also to cut things out or add things as necessary.
My “Control Center:”
I don’t use a multitude of cleaning utility caddy, and I have not been that picky about brands. I used to utilize a large amount of commercial products, such as the disposable wipes, however i have gradually transitioned to presenting mainly these homemade eco-friendly & thrifty cleaners. They are less costly, they smell better, and wish me to help keep far less bottles of stuff laying around! The two commercial products I actually do use frequently are my Swiffer Wet Jet and my Swiffer dusters. Exactly what a great invention! It makes mopping a lot faster & simpler.
Here’s my system:
- Start at one finish of the home. (I begin in our Master Bed room and work all things in the family room and kitchen towards the girls’ room and toilet.)
- Cleaning is a lot simpler when all things have a house. Work on creating organized storage for all those stuff that finish up being scattered throughout the house, like papers, mail, footwear, & toys.
- Make use of a large laundry basket to gather products for example toys or clothing that should be came back to a new room. If you’ve multiple offenders, use multiple baskets. After you have completed tidying all the rooms, take a few minutes to place away the collected products.
- Save sweeping/mopping and vacuuming before the finish, then do all of it at the same time. We have mostly hard surface floors, and so i make use of an industrial dry mop to wipe the floors every day. It takes a couple minutes to operate it total the floors after which shake them back outdoors. About once per week, I perform a really thorough sweep after which make use of a Swiffer WetJet to mop. I vacuum the rugs about 3 occasions per week.
- Likewise, save the glass cleaning for that finish too. Once a home is completely clean, I’ll grab my windex and rag and play doing place checks around the glass doorways and home windows. I wipe the restroom mirrors along with the fixtures and sink.
- Keep daily shower cleaner within the bath/shower and spray lower after each use.
- Store your toilet brush inside a container of bleach switch the bleach once per week.
- Always result in the bed. Even should there be other activities lounging around, the area will appear much, considerably cleaner.
- Rapidly get any clothes, toys, or dishes which are laying around.
- Make use of a duster or dry rag to rapidly dust all surfaces, such as the headboard and footboard.
- Squirt toilet bowl cleaner round the rim let sit.
- Use disinfectant wipes or perhaps a wet rag and disinfectant spray to rapidly wipe lower the sinks, tub, and shower.
- Use toilet brush to rapidly scrub toilet, rim, and seat.
- Use disinfectant wipes or perhaps a wet rag and disinfectant spray to wipe lower toilet seat & surrounding floor.
- Rapidly get any footwear, dishes, toys, or any other products lounging around. (Insert them in basket to place away later.)
- Use duster to rapidly dust all surfaces.
- Use moist cloth to wipe lower furniture (if leather), table(s), and dining room chairs.
- Tidy desk area and make certain all documents & mail is filed & sorted in the proper spots.
- Rapidly get any products that don’t belong in kitchen and put them in basket(s). Gather any dirty dishes and set them alongside sink.
- Rapidly unload (if required) then load diswasher.
- Hands wash dishes/containers/pans when needed
- Spray all counters with disinfectant spray, then use soap and water and wet sponge to wipe all of them lower.
- Wipe lower stovetop.
- Dry and set away any hands-washed dishes, then drain and rinse sink–the secret to some truly clean-searching kitchen is clutter-free counters along with a nice clean sink.
- Make use of a dry mop to wash hard floors. Spot clean having a sponge if required.
- Vacuum rugs/carpet.
- Clean glass surfaces & mirrors when needed with glass cleaner along with a lint-free rag. Don’t forget to spray & wipe the restroom fixtures for added shine!
- Set aside products collected in baskets while cleaning.
It might take just a little becoming accustomed to, but when you are within the practice of speed cleaning every morning, you’ll be done very quickly and liberated to have a house clean throughout your day!
DIG Much deeper
Our simple Speed Cleaning Listing can help you achieve more a lot sooner. Just click the button below to obtain your Speed Cleaning Listing delivered right to your inbox!
SEND ME MY Listing
SPEED CLEANING MY HOUSE SAHM | POWER HOUR
Cassie Davis: I hope you reach 100k subscribers by the end of the night!
Maria Gutierrez: I love your power hrs ! makes me wanna do one, and I’ve done one before. lol. But how in the world can you do all that cleaning with your hair down? Lol… mine is about your length and when I clean it’s up.
ImGrammy Rose: I think a pony tail would be wise 🙂 am a new subbie, enjoying your channel!
FancyThatwithCandice: Hey, girl! I don’t know if you got my last message…but I am going to be doing a what I eat in a day, May empties, and summer essentials videos soon and was wondering if you might want to collab with me on one of those? Also congrats on being SO CLOSE to 100,000!!! I’m SO EXCITED for you!!!! WHOOOO!!! Hugs, Candice
taylortot 26: These videos keep me super motivated to clean my house!
Liz Liz: What type of brush were you using to clean your stove top? I am always looking for new ways to clean my glass stove top…it can be such a pain!
Abigayle Smith: I’m so glad you posted today! I woke up and I’m feeling really down in the dumps today! I needed a YouTube friend to cheer me up for just a little bit.
Eternity Sweetheart: I seem to watch your videos at the wrong time…bedtime can’t help it,I feel like cleaning something right that minute …love your videos!
Jessica Lance: Girl. You have GOT to try E-cloths from Ace Hardware. I got the starter pack with 8 cloths (each has their own purpose) and you only use water to clean! They leave no residue behind and they actually clean! They last 3-6 years. Do it on a dime did a night time cleaning routine and her counters look amazing! She has countertops like you do
Life With Jennifer: I love there clothes too and have been wearing the leggings for a few years! You look so cute in your new outfit my sweet friend…
Mamma Chavez: Love that the WHOLE family helped clean up. Teamwork is absolutely the best way to succeed. Starting my day with a love Meg cleaning video sets me up for huge productivity for my day as a stay at home mom. Thank you
Page Danielle: I’m the legging quuueeenn.. but already know that lol
The Simple Momma: I just love these power hours! I even got my husband on board! ❤️
Mommyonthegoplustwo: Being 7 months pregnant, I’m always in black leggings, thats what’s comfortable for me at this stage and for cleaning too.
Style Mom XO: You did amazing on time.
Carly Carter: Hey, I love love love watching your videos! You give me the motivation to clean and be tidy xxx
April and Rihanna: first 1
jaclyn roberts: What cloth do you use?! Just a washcloth?
sabrina davis: how do you stay so positive all the time
Jillian Schulte: Love videos like this! Also can’t wait for you to hit 100,000 subscribers!
Nabz A: she so cool love her channel just came across her video 2 weeks ago n have subscribed last week
Chloe Sullivan: yay! great video! congrats on almost hitting 100000 subscribers, you deserve it mama!
sabrina davis: i make my cleaming list by rooms likr i write bathroom then in put under neath that what all needs to be done in the bathroom t is so simple✨✨
LovedHappy: You’re home is so pretty! You must be loving it Also your handwriting totally fits your bubbly personality☺️
NerdzLiikeiiThotT: Hey Meg,
Jackie M: Hi Meg, I really love your videos, they honestly make my day. I hope you choose me in your giveaway it would mean so much to me. I don’t know if you would read this comment because of how many you receive but I really love Wal-Mart, so much that I even got a job there! Please choose me Meg.
TealBeauty7: Please do a video talking more about your upbringing what your parents taught you!
CaptPortuguese: what song was that
Alisa Pheifer: Thanks for sharing! I didn’t even finish the video yet and decided to start cleaning while my toddler was playing happily
Fvncs: What brush did you use on your stove?